Zesty Smoked Salmon Cheese Ball
From Cook's Country
Most supermarket cheese balls prove difficult to spread, and their unnatural flavor and orange hue make us wonder whether they contain any real cheese at all. We wanted a simple homemade recipe for cheese balls we’d be happy to serve as a holiday hors d’oeuvre. To achieve this, we used equal parts semisoft cheese and cream cheese to produce a firm yet spreadable consistency, and added a bit of mayonnaise to give our cheese balls a silky texture. We also used small amounts of assertive ingredients like smoked salmon, shallots, and lemon zest to enhance our Zesty Smoked Salmon Cheese Ball recipe’s flavor without compromising the texture.
Serves 15 to 20
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists