Yankee Pot Roast for Two
From Cook's Country
When downsizing this hearty dish, we chose top blade steaks for their beefy flavor. Carrots and onions do double duty: Cut into big chunks, they braise alongside the meat in the oven, and we sauté them finely diced along with a rib of celery to make the base for our sauce. Soy sauce and tomato paste add savory depth to the sauce, and a few minutes of simmering after the meat emerges from the oven brings it to just the right consistency. Parsley and balsamic vinegar stirred in at the end brighten this simple, satisfying dish.
If your skillet doesn’t have a lid, use potholders to cover it with foil.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists