Winter Squash and Fennel Roast
From Cook's Country
This Winter Squash and Fennel Roast recipe is a fresh take on typical roasted vegetables. Fennel lends the holiday side dish recipe a licorice bite and sweetness, and dried cranberries add concentrated tartness. To ensure even cooking, we chopped our squash, apples, and fennel as close to the same size as possible. We also found that if we had fennel bulbs with the fronds attached, they could be chopped and added to the roasted vegetables.
The feathery green tops (called fronds) of the fennel bulb have a mild licorice flavor.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists