From Cook's Country
White Rice is one of those dishes that is easy to make, but which can be very difficult to make perfectly. We rinsed the rice to remove excess starch and prevent the grains from clumping together. Toasting the rice before we boiled it enhanced the flavor.
Serves 6 to 8
White rice is the traditional accompaniment for gumbo. Rinsing the rice, which removes much of the exterior starch, produces the lightest, fluffiest result. Lundberg Organic Long-Grain White Rice is the test kitchen's taste-test winner.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists