From Cook's Country
Nowadays, fruitcake gets a bad rap, but we wanted a version that was light, flavorful, and full of tender fruit. A quick maceration with warmed orange juice softens and flavors store-bought glacéed fruit. A few pulses in the food processor break down the nuts and coconut with the flour to prevent a stringy, soggy texture. A final sprinkling of slivered almonds and powdered sugar finish our fruitcake for a festive, surprisingly delicious dessert.
Makes one cake
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists