Whipped cream’s appeal is as much about texture as it is about flavor. Our Whipped Cream recipe starts with well-chilled cream and a prechilled mixing bowl. We began to whip the cream at low speed, and once the cream was frothy, we increased the speed to high and whipped just until the cream was thick and billowy.
Makes about 2 cups
Homemade whipped cream takes only 5 minutes to make, and it is so much better than store-bought varieties that it is worth every one of those minutes. If you like your whipped cream only lightly sweetened, reduce the sugar to 1 1/2 teaspoons.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists