Western-Slope Pear Cake with Ginger Cream
From Cook's Country
This Western-Slope Pear Cake with Ginger Cream recipe takes just minutes to prepare, but looks elegant and packs solid flavor. We used canned pear halves for pears that are guaranteed to be ripe and, as an added bonus, are already peeled. Also, the canned pears didn’t leach liquid into the cake the way fresh pears would. Combining ground and fresh ginger gave us a deep, rounded ginger flavor. And for even more punch, we added ground ginger to sweetened whipped cream to serve alongside the cake.
Serves 10 to 12
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists