West Virginia Pepperoni Rolls
From Cook's Country
Pepperoni rolls can be greasy and dry with barely enough pepperoni to go around. For starters, we microwaved the pepperoni to get rid of some of the oil that was puddling in the baked roll and then saved some of the oil to soften and season the dough. Microwaving the pepperoni upfront meant it would shrink less once inside the roll. For the dough, we settled on a moist, slightly sweet dough that paired well with the pepperoni. We used four 4-inch pieces of pepperoni in each roll so there was plenty of pepperoni in every bite.
Makes 16 rolls
Our favorite pepperoni is Margherita Italian Style Pepperoni.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists