From Cook's Country
Stealing an idea from the restaurant industry, we started our Weeknight Chicken in a skillet to give it a good sear and a head start on crisp skin. Adding a little chicken broth to the pan before finishing the chicken in the oven acted as a buffer and prevented the white meat from drying out and the skin from burning. We cranked the oven temperature to speed up the cooking time and ensure that the skin didn’t become too soggy from sitting in the chicken broth. It also reduced the chicken broth, which became the base for a flavorful pan sauce.
Serves 4 to 6
Use any combination of white and dark meat. For even cooking, halve breasts crosswise and separate leg quarters into thighs and drumsticks.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists