Weeknight Chicken Cacciatore
From Cook's Country
To turn a braised dish of bone-in chicken parts into a quick weeknight meal, we called on boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Browning them, along with meaty portobello mushrooms, created flavorful fond. Onions, red peppers, and plenty of garlic and fresh herbs came next, and deglazing the pan with red wine added even more depth. We finished cooking the chicken in the bubbling sauce (rounded out with chicken broth and diced tomatoes) to let all the flavors blend.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists