Watermelon, Kiwi, and Strawberry Salad
From Cook's Country
A sugar syrup is the best way to sweeten and moisten a bowl of cut fruit, but can a quick fruit syrup do more? We wanted our fruit salad recipe to have fresh fruit flavor, and a big jolt from a quick fruit syrup. Adding potent seasonings like honey and ginger to the syrup as it cooked perked up the flavor. Mashing (with a potato masher) the watermelon with a splash of citrus in the simmering syrup provided even more flavor to our fruit salad recipe.
Serves 4 to 6
Seedless watermelon works best for this recipe. You will need about a quarter of a large watermelon.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists