From Cook's Country
When a soup is served cold, the flavors can be muted. A triple dose of onion—leeks, chopped yellow onion, and chives—creates intense, layered flavor. Low-starch red potatoes give body to the soup without causing gumminess. Although it’s classically a creamy soup, we found that fatty cream dampened flavor; by simmering the vegetables in milk and chicken broth, we got just the right balance of richness. And while straining may seem fussy, it’s key for a silky texture.
Serves 4 to 6
Using white pepper means your soup won’t be flecked with black.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists