Vegetable Fried Rice
From Cook's Country
Fried rice recipes are a favorite weeknight option, as they come together quickly and are a great way to use up leftover rice. In our Vegetable Fried Rice recipe, we found bagged coleslaw mix to be a great stand-in for shredded cabbage, and it required no preparation. We made sure the pan was smoking hot, and we stirred the rice constantly when cooking. If the pan wasn’t hot enough, the food steamed and stuck.
You can find coleslaw mix with the bagged lettuces at the supermarket. Four cups of leftover white rice can be substituted for the Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists