Tutti-Frutti Watermelon Boats
From Cook's Country
Our Tutti-Frutti Watermelon Boats resemble banana splits, but we replaced the ice cream with far healthier balls of watermelon. We peeled the kiwi easily by slicing off the top and bottom and sliding a spoon between skin and flesh, working the spoon around the perimeter to free the flesh. Toasting the sliced almonds and the coconut in a skillet over medium heat intensified their flavor. We toasted them separately, as they brown at different rates.
Threading the kiwi slices through skewers and then placing each skewer into a melon ball gives this fruit salad the look of a boat in full sail. This recipe can be doubled, tripled, or quadrupled.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists