Tuscan Cherry Tomato Salad
From Cook's Country
Tossing the quartered cherry tomatoes with salt and letting them sit drew out their excess moisture, preventing our Tuscan Cherry Tomato Salad from suffering a watery fate. When we reduced the excess tomato juice and simmered it with vinegar and a shallot, its concentrated flavor made a potent base for the vinaigrette and gave our Tuscan Cherry Tomato Salad a double tomato flavor. We found that while rinsing canned beans was not necessary for more robust dishes, the thick, salty bean liquid had the potential to throw this simple salad off-kilter.
Serves 4 to 6
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists