From Cook's Country
Most tuna-noodle casseroles suffer from overcooked noodles, rely on canned soup, and feature a soggy, bland topping. We found that rinsing the egg noodles after boiling removes any residual starch that would otherwise make the casserole pasty and also halts the cooking process, preventing them from overcooking within the casserole. We ditched the condensed soup, opting to make a homemade version, and found that browning the mushrooms thoroughly was essential to flavor development. Finally, adding potato chips to the topping lent a satisfying crunch and great flavor in every bite.
Serves 8 to 10
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists