From Cook's Country
We solve the problem of watery tomato gratin by salting the tomatoes for thirty minutes, followed by a spin in the salad spinner to remove excess moisture as well as some of the seeds. Add sweet, soft onions and a crispy, cheesy topping and this dish comes together easily and takes just 25 minutes in the oven. We recommend slicing and salting the tomatoes first, in order to give them time to expel excess moisture, before you begin preparing the other ingredients.
You can find panko, or Japanese-style bread crumbs, in the international aisle of most supermarkets.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists