From Cook's Country
We’ve all heard of chicken and dumplings, but this lesser-known Amish dish is just as good. Sautéed aromatics provide a base of flavor, and canned tomatoes (enhanced with a little brown sugar) are an easy addition. Simmered in the tomato mixture, a simple, herb-flecked batter cooks into tender dumplings.
Makes 16 dumplings
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists