From Cook's Country
To peel the tomatoes for our Tomato Butter, we used a vegetable peeler with a serrated blade. We also found we could boil the tomatoes briefly to loosen the skin, then peel them with our hands. If using that method, it was important to plop the tomatoes into an ice bath to stop the cooking.
To ensure the Tomato Butter was fully set, it was essential to refrigerate the spread for at least a few hours before serving.
Makes about 3 cups
We love this jamlike spead on biscuits or sandwiches. To peel the tomatoes, use a vegetable peeler with a serrated blade.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists