For our Tomato-Basil Vinaigrette recipe, we chose the ripest, most flavorful tomatoes. We removed the seeds from the tomato and diced the flesh fine; the pieces softened and released flavor as they sat in the vinaigrette. We minced fresh basil just before blending it into the vinaigrette for the brightest flavor.
Makes about 2 cups
The flavor of this dressing depends heavily on the flavor and ripeness of the tomatoes. The spiciness of the black pepper plays an important role here. Serve with tender, mild-tasting greens.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists