From Cook's Country
Cutting the cream cheese for our Tomato Aspic recipe into pieces was easier when we chilled it in the freezer for a few minutes first. Tomato sauce provided the deep red color and rich tomato flavor we wanted for our aspic, while lemon-flavored gelatin gave the aspic a crisp, citrusy flavor. To help prevent the aspic from melting, we served it on a chilled plate.
Serves 6 to 8
It’s easier to cut the cream cheese into pieces if you first freeze it for 15 minutes. For a spicy variation, add 1 tablespoon hot sauce with the tomato sauce in step 1.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists