From Cook's Country
Using crisp, fresh green and yellow beans for our Three-Bean Salad considerably brightened this salad. We stuck with canned kidney beans to avoid the need to soak and simmer dried beans for hours. Raw onion and garlic were a bit harsh for this recipe. Instead, we tossed them into the saucepan as we heated the dressing to dissolve the sugar. The heat tamed the garlic, and the vinegar pickled the onions.
Spectrum Naturals red wine vinegar is the test kitchen's taste-test winner. This salad improves if you have time to refrigerate it for a few hours to let the flavors meld. A garlic press makes quick work of mincing the cloves.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists