The Ultimate Hamburger
From Cook's Country
Our Ultimate Hamburger recipe began with a panade—a blend of bread crumbs and milk—that helped to bind the burgers together. We also added bacon fat to the beef mixture. The rich, smoky-tasting fat added flavor and kept the meat moist. A little minced garlic also helped flavor the meat. We were gentle with the beef mixture while mixing and shaping the burgers—overworking the meat can yield tough, dense burgers.
For this recipe, you want ground beef that is 85 percent to 90 percent lean. With the added bacon fat, 80 percent lean beef will make slightly greasy burgers. Crumble the cooked bacon slices over a salad, or use the slices as a burger topping.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists