Texas Barbecue Sauce
From Cook's Country
For our version of Texas Barbecue Sauce, we combined the usual sauce ingredients—vinegar, brown sugar, molasses, etc.—with dry mustard, pepper, and cayenne for spiciness. Savory Worcestershire sauce added depth, while tomato juice (in place of ketchup) provided tangy flavor and helped thin the sauce out.
Makes about 2 cups
This peppery, tangy barbecue sauce works well with beef, chicken, and pork. In Texas, barbecue sauce is usually served on the side.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists