Tennessee Stack Cake
From Cook's Country
This Tennessee Stack Cake recipe rewards patient cooks, as it must sit for an entire day before being served. Allowing the Tennessee Stack Cake to sit is vital, as it allows the oversized sugar cookies in the recipe to soak up moisture from the homemade apple butter and become tender and cakelike.
Serves 10 to 12
Be sure to let the cake set at least 24 hours, as the moisture from the filling transforms the texture of the cookie-like layers into a tender apple-flavored cake.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists