From Cook's Country
Most recipes for these salty, crunchy almonds dunk the nuts in tamari once. We dunk and bake several times for almonds that are deeply toasted and seasoned with a dark, rich coating.
Makes 4 cups
Although this recipe requires more effort than others for tamari almonds (the almonds get bathed in a seasoned tamari mixture four times), the flavor penetrates, yielding especially tasty nuts. Be sure to use low-sodium tamari or the nuts will be too salty. Tamari is a darker, thicker version of soy sauce that is traditionally made without wheat.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists