From Cook's Country
Many fast-food restaurants have their own version, but we wanted a recipe for wholesome taco salad using quality ingredients. To prevent a greasy salad, we used very lean ground beef. For simplicity’s sake, we skipped the tortilla “bowl" and simply added tortilla chips. We also found there’s no need to be too thorough when picking and chopping cilantro for the Taco Salad, since the stems have as much flavor as the leaves.
Serves 4 to 6
For a spicier taco salad, add a pinch of cayenne to the meat mixture. If you like, top this salad with diced avocados, shredded pepper Jack or cheddar cheese, minced red onion, or sour cream.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists