Sweet Potato Casserole with Pepita-Brown Sugar Topping
From Cook's Country
Nothing against the marshmallow-topped version, but we wanted an elegant, simple sweet potato dish for the holiday table. We wrapped cubed potatoes seasoned with brown sugar in foil and baked them until they were soft. The food processor ensured a perfectly smooth puree, and butter and cream added richness, while cinnamon, orange zest, and a pinch of cayenne rounded out the flavors. Finally, a simple topping sprinkled over the casserole and a quick turn under the broiler created a crisp, caramelized crust.
Serves 6 to 8
Be sure to use a broiler-safe soufflé dish.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists