Strawberry Crunch Cake
From Cook's Country
To keep our Strawberry Crunch Cake’s meringue layer crunchy and light, we whipped egg whites stiff with a little cream of tartar, then baked the meringue until it was dry and crisp. For our Strawberry Crunch Cake recipe’s other layers, we prepared our favorite yellow cake recipe, sliced the cake in half, and sandwiched meringue, whipped cream, and strawberries between the layers.
Makes one 8-inch layer cake
Strawberries are the unofficial fruit for Valentine’s Day, and this dessert—with tender yellow cake, sweet whipped cream, and crunchy baked meringue—shows them at their very best.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists