Split-Pea Soup with Ham
From Cook's Country
We developed our Split-Pea Soup with Ham recipe to turn this “day-after" soup into a weeknight meal. We replaced the hambone with a ham steak, chopping the meat fine so it blended into the soup. Cooking the ham steak with the vegetables ensured that its flavor fully permeated the soup. Before adding the dried split peas to the soup, we made sure to thoroughly check for any tiny pebbles.
Makes about 3 quarts
The ham steak is very salty, so you probably won’t need to add salt to the soup. If you have any leftover roast ham in your refrigerator, feel free to use it in place of the ham steak (though you may need to adjust the seasonings).
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists