Spicy Red Pepper Steak Sauce
From Cook's Country
The steak is cooked perfectly, with a sizzling crust and buttery interior; the only thing missing is the perfect sauce. We wanted to concoct our own steak sauce recipe that could stand up to our meaty steaks. Toasting almonds enhanced their flavor, maximizing their nutty taste. We had to be careful: they burn easily. Shaking the pan often helped us avoid burning the nuts. Cayenne pepper is by nature spicy, but we felt free to simply add more cayenne to taste when needed.
Makes 1 1/4 cups
This peppery sauce is a simplified version of the Spanish classic, Romesco.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists