Spicy Grilled Jalapeño and Lime Shrimp Skewers
From Cook's Country
We make a flavorful marinade of jalapeño, lime, garlic, and spices to flavor the shrimp before they go on the grill, setting some of the mixture aside to finish the dish. To get a good char on the shrimp without overcooking them, we pack them tightly onto skewers and sprinkle one side with sugar. Then we start them over a hot fire, sliding them over low heat to finish cooking through gently. We toss the cooked shrimp with the reserved marinade and sprinkle them with fresh cilantro for a final hit of flavor.
You will need four 14-inch metal skewers for this recipe. We prefer flat skewers.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists