Spicy Beef and Noodles
From Cook's Country
We developed our Spicy Beef and Noodles recipe to simplify a traditional Vietnamese soup recipe, while using ingredients found at the local supermarket. Making the broth in the same pan used to sear the beef imparts valuable beef flavor. We prefer prepared chicken broth to beef broth; the latter can taste thin and tinny. Toasting the cinnamon sticks and cloves helps bloom their flavor. Using instant ramen noodles saves time. To save dishes, we cooked the spinach with the noodles once the latter were cooked through.
Serves 4 to 6
If your market carries fresh Chinese egg noodles, use two 9-ounce packages in place of the ramen noodles.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists