From Cook's Country
Spice cake recipe can produce cakes that are bland and leaden. For a tender, airy cake with convincing spice flavor, we raided our spice cabinet. Cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg provided our Spice Cake recipe with warm, hearty flavor.
Makes two 9-inch cakes
To quickly bring the eggs and milk to room temperature (65°F), submerge them in a bowl of warm water for about 10 minutes after mixing them together. Adding the butter pieces to the mixing bowl one at a time prevents the dry ingredients from flying up and out of the bowl.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists