From Cook's Country
Equal parts ketchup and vegetable oil, spiked with white vinegar, formed the base of our Special Sauce recipe. The unusual touch of Tabasco sauce balanced the sweetness with a little heat. Adding mayonnaise and sweet pickle relish created a natural topping for hamburgers.
Makes 1 1/2 cups
Sweet pickle relish is the secret to our "special" sauce, which is a natural topping for sandwiches or our Ultimate Hamburger. Be sure to drain the pickle relish in a mesh sieve so that the sauce is not too thin.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists