From Cook's Country
This grand-prize winning pasta casserole recipe takes the classic flavors of meaty lasagna and turns them into a quick and easy Spaghetti Pie. For the pasta crust, we used ultra-thin vermicelli because it cooks quickly and packs down to a dense, easy-to-slice crust when combined with butter, garlic, egg, Parmesan, and basil. Using lean ground beef in the sauce ensured the Spaghetti Pie wouldn’t be greasy. Finally, liberally seasoning the pasta water ensured an all around great-tasting Spaghetti Pie.
Serves 6 to 8
To keep the vermicelli from flying all over the kitchen, wrap the noodles in a clean dish towel before attempting to break them into shorter lengths.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists