Spaghetti Bolognese for Two
From Cook's Country
Authentic Bolognese sauce is slow-simmered for hours. The wait is worth it when you want to impress a table full of guests, but for our double serving size we wanted something quicker. We boosted the flavor fast by adding hearty pancetta, dried porcini mushrooms, and an anchovy to the sauce. We also saved time and cleanup by simmering the pasta directly in the sauce—no boiling water needed.
If you can’t find meatloaf mix, substitute equal parts of 85 percent lean ground beef and ground pork. Take the time to thoroughly rinse the dried porcini mushrooms to remove any grit. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists