Southern-Style Green Beans
From Cook's Country
Don’t be fooled by the army green color of these “green” beans. The flavorful broth they are cooked in imparts both onion and bacon flavor in every bite, and the long simmer works to make the green beans sweet and full flavored. If you use thick-cut bacon, cut the amount to four slices, browning two and reserving the other two to cook in the beans. You can use the prepared green beans in the microwave bags from your supermarket, but be sure to trim both ends. When slicing the onion, remove all of the root so that the onion pieces fall into strings when sliced.
Serves 6 to 8
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists