Southern Ham and Bean Soup
From Cook's Country
Southern Ham and Bean Soup is a favorite recipe of the test kitchen, and for good reason: Not only does it cook in just 30 minutes, but leftovers taste even better the following day. For a foolproof recipe, we added more chicken broth to thin out our Southern Ham and Bean Soup if it thickened too much during cooking. We also found that dried white beans could also be used instead of the canned beans—just make sure to soak them for 12 to 24 hours before using.
Serves 4 to 6
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists