Smokin' Mac 'n' Cheese
From Cook's Country
This Smokin’ Mac ’n’ Cheese casserole, a runner-up in our Pasta Casseroles contest, is a fiery rendition of the classic comfort food. Spicy chipotles and sliced green chiles lend a good deal of heat, which cuts through and accents the cheesy, rich sauce. We thickened the sauce with roux, a flour and butter mixture, which helps keep the cheese from “breaking," or the oil leaching out of the sauce. Combining Monterey Jack and cheddar cheese gave us the creamiest texture and richest flavor. Smoky-tasting chipotle chiles add both spiciness and a rich flavor to the casserole.
Serves 8 to 10
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists