Smoked Salmon Pinwheels
From Cook's Country
This Smoked Salmon Pinwheels recipe combines smoked salmon and its traditional accompaniments into an attractive pinwheel canapé. We bought smoked salmon for this recipe, not lox; the latter has a milder, much saltier flavor. Blending butter and cream cheese for the base of the filling makes the pinwheels firm enough to be cleanly sliced. The briny bite of capers and the tartness of sour cream and lemon juice cut through and accent the richness of the smoked salmon.
Makes 48 pieces
Make-Ahead Note: The cream cheese and salmon spread can be refrigerated for up to 2 days. After preparing the pinwheels, refrigerate them until ready to serve, no more than 3 hours.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists