Smith Island Cake
From Cook's Country
Smith Island, Maryland, may be a small place, but it boasts a cake with a reputation so grand, it recently became the official state dessert. With its multiple cake layers and rich, fudgy frosting, Smith Island cake looked impressive, yet didn’t require the precise cutting of layers as we had thought. Replacing milk with heavy cream in our recipe for Smith Island Cake gave the frosting more body. We used an offset spatula to apply the icing in an even layer.
Serves 8 to 10
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists