Smashed Minty Peas
From Cook's Country
When developing a Smashed Minty Peas recipe, we wanted to find a method for cooking and flavoring the peas at the same time. We found that simply simmering the peas in a flavorful sauce allowed them to quickly absorb the sauce’s flavor. To intensify the sweet flavor of the peas, we added sugar. Pulsing the cooked peas, lettuce, and mint in a food processor until coarsely mashed produced a flavorful dish with a pleasant texture.
Serves 4 to 6
Be careful not to overprocess the peas. They can go from smashed to pureed in seconds.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists