Slow-Cooker Stuffed Peppers
From Cook's Country
Try cooking a stuffed pepper in a slow cooker, and chances are you’ll get a mealy, slumped pepper that spills its soggy, bland rice filling. Our first plan of attack was to amp up the flavor. Adding a bold tomato sauce to the slow cooker seasoned the peppers as they cooked, and stirring a small amount of the sauce into the filling provided an additional punch of flavor. As for the rice, Arborio, our go-to for risotto, turned creamy, not mushy, in the filling, unlike spindly long-grain.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists