Slow-Cooker Southwestern Pork Pot Roast
From Cook's Country
Cooking a roast in a slow cooker usually yields poor results. The problem: The slow cooker’s wet environment tends to wash out flavors and overcook meat. We started by butterflying the roasts and creating a rub to ensure that the roasts were seasoned and flavorful inside and out. We then chose concentrated, flavorful ingredients like tomato paste, soy sauce, and chipotle peppers to cook the roasts with. We added a sweet potato to the pot to provide a well-rounded earthiness to the sauce and add extra body. Finally, we finished it with some lime and cilantro to really add some southwestern flair.
Boneless pork butt roast is often labeled Boston butt in the supermarket.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists