Slow-Cooker Pulled Chicken
From Cook's Country
To produce tender, smoky barbecued chicken in the slow cooker, we ditched the bottled sauce that most recipes call for. Traditional barbecue sauce starts with onions sautéing on the stove, but we found that microwaving them with some oil and spices was just as good. We supplement our sauce with liquid smoke to replicate the smoky grill flavor of the original dish. Bone-in chicken parts stay juicy even after hours in the slow cooker, and a combination of white and dark meat provides the best texture and balanced, meaty flavor.
Use a relatively mild hot sauce, like Frank’s, or the sauce will be too hot.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists