From Cook's Country
To keep our meatloaf moist but not mushy after 4 hours in the slow cooker, we turned to a panade, which helps the meat maintain its juices. To keep the flavor meaty, we moisten our panade of saltine crumbs with Worcestershire and soy sauce in addition to the more traditional milk. Adding ground-up mushrooms to the mix imparted even more moisture and savory flavor, and microwaved shallot, herbs, and spices seasoned the base of ground beef and pork. Finally, our meatloaf gets a tangy glaze and a quick turn under the broiler.
Premium brand saltines now come in a round format; if you are using square saltines, go with 16 instead of 18.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists