Slow-Cooker Hearty Beef Stew
From Cook's Country
Browning the meat before adding it to the slow cooker made for more flavorful beef as well as broth in our Slow-Cooker Hearty Beef Stew. Soy sauce and tomato paste browned in a skillet enhanced the meaty flavor even further.
To ensure the vegetables cooked gently and didn’t turn to msuh, we wrapped them in a foil packet and placed them on top of the meat in the slow cooker. We finished them in the broth toward the end to let them soak up flavor.
Serves 6 to 8
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists