Slow-Cooker Guinness Beef Stew
From Cook's Country
Beef stew recipes made in the slow cooker produce succulent meat and tender vegetables, but the addition of Guinness stout turned our Guinness Beef Stew recipe bitter and harsh. To avoid this, we enhanced the beer’s complex coffee and chocolate flavors by adding bittersweet chocolate to our recipe. Adding the Guinness in two stages—at the beginning for a base flavor and at the end for a fresh kick—allowed us to get the best of its flavor.
Serves 6 to 8
Make sure to buy large chunks of stew meat. Trim meat of excess fat, as necessary, and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces. Be gentle when stirring in the flour in step 3-the fork-tender beef will fall apart if stirred too aggressively.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists