Slow-Cooker Cherry Grunt
From Cook's Country
Warm cherry filling and tender dumplings are a winning combination, especially in this summertime staple. To avoid runny filling, we microwave the cherries with flour and sugar, jumpstarting the thickening process. Positioning the dumplings around the perimeter of the slow cooker proved essential to them cooking through. Finally, almond extract in the filling and a sprinkling of cinnamon-sugar on top round out the flavor.
Serves 4 to 6
Be sure to mix the cherries well after microwaving to redistribute their juices. Serve with ice cream.
The recipe you requested is for
Start Your 14-Day Free Trial Membership
Every Recipe. Every Rating. Every Video from
Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 8 years of Cook’s Country Foolproof Recipes
- Complete Cook’s Country TV Video Library
- 2,900+ Equipment Ratings and Ingredient Taste Tests
- Step-by-Step Technique Photos
- Save Favorites, Create Menus, Print Shopping Lists